How to move license from one machine to another (applies to both Standalone and Network)
NOTE: This article applies to products using the new authorization system. Any product that is released after February 15th, 2019 uses the new system.
In order to move the license, you need to deactivate the license on the current machine and activate it on the new machine. The below steps apply to all of our products:
For Standalone Installation:
- On the current machine, load the software and go to Program Settings -> Licensing category
- Click on Deactivate License and enter information to deactivate. Make sure Deactivation is successful.
- Install product on the new machine using your original License Number and CD Key
- Run the software. On the Authorization screen, please click on Request Authorization and enter your information to activate the product.
For Network Installation:
- One the current server, run License Server Admin Tool (from Start Menu, product folder), confirm Host (server name) and Port (27099) and click OK.
- Choose your product from the drop-down list and click on Select to open the License Information dialog.
- On the License Information dialog, please click on Deactivate License and enter information to deactivate the license on the current server.
- Install the product on the new server using your original License Number and CD Key
- Open License Server Admin Tool and select the license.
- On the License Information dialog, please click on Activate License and enter information to activate the license on the new server
- To point each workstation to the new License Server, start the Configuration Utility that is located in the program folder on the workstation and update any relevant information.
- To move your custom content that resides on a workstation (applies to AutoTURN 10.2): copy the following folder from the old workstation and paste it to the same location on the new one:
%AppData%\Transoft Solutions\AutoTURN 10.2