How to move the license from one machine to another (applies to both Standalone and Network)
NOTE: This article applies to products using the new authorization system. Any product that is released after February 15th, 2019 uses the new system.
In order to move the license, you need to deactivate the license on the current machine and activate it on the new machine. The below steps apply to all of our products:
For Standalone Installation:
- On the current machine, load the software and go to Program Settings -> Licensing category
- Click on Deactivate License and enter information to deactivate. Make sure Deactivation is successful.
- Install product on the new machine using your original License Number and CD Key
- Run the software. On the Authorization screen, please click on Request Authorization and enter your information to activate the product.
To move your custom content that resides on a workstation, copy the following folder from the old workstation and paste it to the same location on the new one:
For Network Installation:
- On the current server, run License Server Admin Tool (from Start Menu, product folder), confirm Host (server name) and Port (27099) and click OK.
- Choose your product from the drop-down list and click on Select to open the License Information dialog.
- On the License Information dialog, please click on Deactivate License and enter information to deactivate the license on the current server.
- Install the product on the new server using your License Number and CD Key
- Open License Server Admin Tool and select the license.
- On the License Information dialog, please click on Activate License and enter information to activate the license on the new server
- To point each workstation to the new License Server, start the Configuration Utility that is located in the program folder on the workstation and update any relevant information, or run workstation installer from the new server in order to update and redirect workstation to the new license server.
In addition to the above steps, please note that you should also move Usage Report files from the old server to the new one. Those files are stored in License Server\Archive folder. If you have installed License Server in the default path, you will find Archive folder in the following location on the old server, and should copy it to the new server to License Server\Archive folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Transoft Solutions\License Server\Archive
For AutoTURN and AutoTURN Pro products, if you have enabled Data Sharing option during the old and the new server install, and would like to move server database from the old server to the new one, please note that you would need to do the following.
- On the old and the new server please go to Start -> Run, type services.msc and when Services window is open, please right click on “Transoft Solutions Data Sharing Service V1.0” and select Stop.
- Please copy TransoftServerDB.db from the old server from C:\Program Files\Transoft Solutions\Data Sharing Service\Data and place it on the new server in the same folder, overwriting the existing file (if your Data folder is not in default location, please adjust the paths accordingly).
- On the old and the new server please go to Start -> Run, type services.msc and when Services window is open, please right click on “Transoft Solutions Data Sharing Service V1.0” and select Start.
If moving to a new workstation, you will first need to install the product on a new workstation (from a workstation you can browse to the license server to the product shared folder and run SetupWorkstation.exe or one of the silent installers (SetupWorkstationSilent.exe or SetupWorkstationSilent.msi).
Please note that to move your custom content that resides on one workstation, you should copy the following folder from the old workstation and paste it to the same location on the new one: